Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Beginning


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"


It is difficult to believe that not only is it a New Year but it is a New Decade! I think of all of the things that have been accomplished in the past year and decade and all that was not. I hope that this wisdom will enable me to make better choices in the future and seize all of the opportunities that will enrich my life and those of my loved ones. What we have is today and we should all seize each day as its' own new beginning. I wish each of you a Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. PERFECT quote from Eliot; it resonates in me! Think I'll copy it and hang it on my wall, I love it so much.

    You are just so doggone groovy. And beautiful. And wonderful. Wonder-full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think of this as a new decade! My...does time fly the older we get.

    Happy New Year, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quote.
    Thank you so much for sharing it. It's perfect for this new year, new decade. Wishing you a blessed, happy, peaceful, prosperous 2010 and beyond!

    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year & Many Blessings Vanessa!

    I am so happy to see you back at blogging sweet friend. Yay! I thought you were gone for good.

    Enjoy 2010! It does go by so fast...~Whew!

    ~Warmly, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I been missing your blog. Okay, now I am going to keep up with you. Love the blog and missed talking with you friend.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet visit. It's always good to hear from you.

    Have a wonderful week. ~Melissa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a posting! I had that kind of year too, I am thankful that it is a new year and a new decade. I started a new blog today and your blog name was one of my choices, I had to see what an interesting person with an interesting name said! I haven't posted yet, need some help from my 27 year old darling daughter but will soon. God bless you this year and many happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so kind to me my friend!
    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzy,

    So nice to "meet" you. I can't wait to see your new blog. When you get it up and running please come back and let me know.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete